September 6th, 2008

Because of the anniversary coming up in a few days, and because I don't want to clean anymore, I want to immerse myself in memories of our wedding day.

That September day was cloudy and slightly rainy. I love the rain so it was beautiful to me that God made it rain that day.
I was so nervous. I can remember worrying about Trevor and the other guys, whether or not they would wake up in time and be at the camp on time. There was so much to do and I didn't plan very well. I was wondering who was going to take care of this and who was going to do that.  Not a lot of peace, which is sad. That is one thing I regret about that day...
My bridesmaids, well, my sisters, and some friends took me to get my hair and makeup done. I was so excited. I had always wanted my hair done like this, and I knew I would feel like a princess. When it was done I was not disappointed.


 We arrived at Maranatha and went to the locker rooms to get ready and have some fun before the ceremony. We plugged in some music and got out all the makeup and took some crazy pictures. It was a lot of fun and kept my nerves down! 
When it was closer to the time for the ceremony, we went upstairs where I was keeping my dress, and my sisters helped me into it. It was my dream dress. All the way down to the bow around the waist and the lacy pearls all over it. I felt so beautiful and I couldn't wait for Trevor to see me. I was about to become his WIFE!! I had always just been a girlfriend and even a fiancĂ©e, but never a WIFE!  

We lined up in the hallway, outside the big room where the ceremony was going to be, and I was so nervous. I hate crowds and I hate being the center of attention, and I knew everyone was going to be staring at me. But I knew I just had to keep my eyes on Trevor. As I walked out, arm in arm with my grandpa, I saw the look on Trevor's face when he saw me. We didn't do pictures before this, so this was the first time he saw me. I remember feeling so much love, so much peace walking towards him. That was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and I was about to make a public declaration that I was committing my life to being his wife. I couldn't wait to make this promise. 



He looked so happy standing next to me. I felt so proud to be his! The ceremony was super short, and I was shocked that it was over when it was. 
Was it really that simple?! I'm Mrs. Marybeth Jennifer Thielke now?! 
All I can really remember after that is being filled with this exuberant joy. I've never been so happy in my life. 

 Standing there that day, saying vows and making commitments, I had no idea where life would take Trevor and me. I couldn't possibly guess what storms were brewing, what blessings were waiting to be uncovered during our marriage together. But being here now, 2 years later, I am so glad we got married. There are no regrets at all. No wishing we could have waited or been older or done things differently. It was perfect.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts