"What you say?!"

     So, I just happened to be thinking about my pregnancy this morning, laying in bed at 430am. 
Trevor had gotten up for work and he suddenly came back in the room telling me he couldn't find his shift supervisor keys. Uh-oh. So I rolled, quite literally rolled, out of bed and helped him search. *They were in his car the whole time.* 
     I digress. 
     I was laying there, and realized, "Today is the 17th of October. We scheduled the c-section for the 17th of November. It's officially 1 month away. 4 weeks. Oh my goodness."
I had a little freak out session in my mind. Those numbers are really small! 

     A lot can happen in 1 month. And I am trying so very hard not to let my mind wander and think about all the terrible no good very bad things that can happen. Let me tell you, it's a struggle. 
     But my mind is drawn to one particular Scripture, a Scripture that my counselor is having me "live in," as she calls it. I wake up reciting it, I go to bed reciting it, and I read as often as I can throughout the day. Jeremiah 29:11. Crazy things begin to happen when you pick 1 Scripture verse and really live in it. Like, you realize you don't really believe it at all. And you get angry at God because you feel as if all the plans that have taken shape in your life have been terrible no good very bad
     But I'm also learning that God isn't strapped down by our sense of "time" or reality. He sees the BIG picture. He knows why I have gone through the things I have gone through. To Him, the very worst situation in our minds is the one that is drawing us the closest to what He has in mind for us to be.

There is hope in my future
"rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
 {Rom 5:3-5 NIV}


     Wow, it's really hard for me to get that. Time and time again Jesus says that life is not going to be easy. There WILL be suffering! There WILL be hard times! There WILL be grief. Yet those hard times, that suffering, it produces HOPE. Jesus will not forsake us when the times get really hard. He will be there, teaching us, holding us up, refining us. 


     1 month...and life will change again. 1 month...and God will be there every step of the way. 


Here are pictures from Jeremiah's party!
His party was pumpkin themed so he was a pumpkin! He made THE cutest pumpkin ever.



My favorite from the whole day!



He wasn't quite sure about the party hat

He had the whole cake to himself...at first :)
He really liked it!
 I think this was taken seconds before he started
choking on that huge clump on cake he was stuffing in his mouth....

Almost done....
And there's me with baby #2!
The whole family!
He just learned how to do "SO BIG!!"
He's SO CUTE!









Comments

  1. What a cutie patootie.God has already shown himself, so im sure you have nothing to worry about, except to get as much sleep as possible-as i know is so impossible that last month..
    im very excited for u-
    karryann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts