Miscellany Monday 2011

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters



My baby isn't a newborn anymore...he's over 6 weeks old. It's a little freaky...the time has gone by and I haven't even noticed it. I get caught up in the screaming, the smiles, the poopy diapers, the no-poopy diapers that have me worried, the breastfeeding stresses and joys...SO much to help the time slip on by... *sigh*  Judah is such a blessing. I really can't describe the love I feel when he smiles or when he "talks" to me. It helps get me through the hours of crying he's been having lately because of gas. And boy has he had GAS. He can clear a room and he's only 6 1/2 weeks old! :)

Don't you sometimes wish money really did grow on trees? Or better yet, that you found a unique tree that only you had that grew money? It's hard, SO hard, to not let money rule your life. Even lack of money can take over how you make decisions and how you base your self-worth. It's been a chore lately to figure out the budget and stay on the road to paying off debt. But it's been so worth it. A couple days ago my husband and I payed off all but 1200 dollars in medical debt, and the rest will be gone within a week. Knowing you will be debt free (Lord willing) in a couple years is a feeling unlike any other, especially at the age of 22. For all of you out there trying to become debt free, YOU CAN DO IT. Just stay focused. I'm SO bad at putting extra money towards debt, and my husband is SO bad at putting money at anything else other than debt, and it's been *fun* to figure out a middle ground. But also very growing for us as a couple. Our goal- DEBT FREE BY JANUARY 2013. 



For Christmas I got $50 dollars from my in-laws *THANK YOU!* and I've been having a rough time trying to figure out how to spend it. I gave Trevor $10 of it, and we got a movie and are going to get shoes for our little one. But today we went to a thrift store AND Target, and I just couldn't buy anything! It was amazing! Do you have any ideas about how I should spend my remaining $40?






My husband has 1 year of school left...ONLY 1! Then it won't be a 7 day work/school week. He'll actually have a weekend, and we'll actually have him home! We're excited about where God is leading us for the future after college...we are taking tentative steps forward to one day open our own Christian Coffee/Book Shop. :) We're super thrilled! Please pray for us as we seek God's will in all of this. We are still pretty scared to have big dreams after Trevor's brain tumor. But God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE, and SELF-CONTROL! 2 Timothy 1:7





Happy Monday Lovelies!









Comments

  1. Babies do really grow up in a blink of an eye don't they!?!

    Christian coffee shop! Fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today. I just read through your and your husband's entire story. WOW! WOW! I have no words. What a truly amazing testimony. I also noticed from your Christmas post that you are a Misty Edwards fan. I am involved at the HOP in my area. I'm a singer, prayer leader and do other things. I am adding you to my Google Reader. So thankful you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marybeth! I didn't know you had another baby! How awesome! I've been reading your blog, and realized how much I've missed you.
    You're such an inspiration!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts