Father (s)



Dear Daniel,
     I've always had a lot to say to you, and it has always been mixed with grief and longing. But today, I want to say thank you. Thank you for being half of who I am. Thank you for loving me for 3 bliss-filled years. There is a place in my heart I go to every now and then, where a small memory of you remains untouched by the flashing years. In that place, there is no sadness, no pain, and no questions. Just love. A lot of love. I do wish you were here, but it’s really okay. I love you, and I hope to see you one day…




Dear Dan,
     You picked up where all others left off. You were filled to the hairy brim with strength and gentleness and I loved you as only a small girl-child can love her Daddy. When you tickled me with your bristles, I laughed and sternly told you no. When you were mad my heart broke. Today, there is forgiveness where pain and hate used to dwell. There is healing and restoration, and I love you with a renewed love. Happy Father’s Day, Dan


Dear Grandpa,
     You were always there. You are the rock that holds our family together. You demand respect gently and easily, and when you mess up and life gets messy, you are so easy to forgive, so easy to love. My boldness, whatever boldness I can claim, comes from you. Whatever is in the past, is in the past, forgotten, erased. I love you and I want to thank you for sacrificing so much to raise us as best you knew how.  We made choices that broke your heart, but you always took us back, as only a Father could. Thank you. I love you, Grandpa. So much.

Dear Trevor,
I always knew you would be an amazing Daddy to our children, but since the first moment you knew I was pregnant, you have surpassed everything I thought I knew. You are peace when there is strife. I do not say it often enough, but thank you for throwing your entire heart and soul into raising our boys. Your heart for God is reflected when I see you with each of them. As they get older, your love will only get stronger. I am so blessed to be on this amazing journey of parenting with you. I love you, Trevor. 



Happy Father's Day to every single Father out there. They are not all perfect, but they all are made in the image of God, and they all are loved by Him. I pray that if the relationship you have with your father is a terrible, hurtful one, you would start forgiving and start the healing. Just remember, hurting people hurt people, and the longer you hold on to that hate, that hurt, the longer you are letting another marred human being have control over your life, your future, your heart. There is healing in forgiveness. There is freedom in forgiveness. And remember that the perfect Father, you are the apple of His eye. He loves you with an everlasting love.


Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place." Deuteronomy 1:29-31



Blessings, Friends...

Comments

  1. This is so breathtaking and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your words, your story- and the dad's in your life. I love you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful writing!!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I praise God for this beautiful family that He has blessed me with and that you are my wifey and the mother of my children. I love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts