Mother's Heart

Though I thought, quite naively, that my Mother’s heart could not, 
could possibly not...
grow any larger, containing all the love that stirs within…
though I thought this the first moment I saw them, 
all freshly born and squinting in anger at a world not familiar…

It has happened again.

The expanse of my heart, the limits and boundries, 
have been stripped away, knocked down.

My children breach the walls of my heart. 
They bring down my defences and...
I do not know how I could love them more.

And then I do.

When Jeremiah moves a few blocks closer to his freshly crawling brother.

When Judah looks me straight in the eyes and grabs my cheeks.

When they both sit and play together, laughing and talking as only brothers can.








And I know my heart, all full of this limitless Mother’s love, will expand every day until it’s laid to rest, beating no more. 


Comments

  1. "And I know my heart, all full of this limitless Mother’s love, will expand every day until it’s laid to rest, beating no more."

    Truer words have never been spoken. Very well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts