My List of Buckets...

I'm not really sure why people call them Bucket Lists. I guess I could Google it, but I like not knowing. It makes my title funnier to me. Please don't tell me if you comment on this.


I wrote a Bucket List quite a while ago...when I was in High School. I've aged quite a bit since then. I'm now 23....


...As silly as that sounds, I actually have quite a different Bucket List from that era of my life. 


There is something about having a dream, communicating the beauty your heart yearns for in this sometimes all-to-ugly world, that gives you a certain wistfulness, a joy that you are working towards something other than death. You are working towards inner growth, peace, experience, maturity, joy. I love the idea behind a Bucket List. 


And so, the time has come to re-inspire my inner child who has fallen asleep somewhere back there, between living for other's opinions of my life and striving to be a perfect woman. Yuck.


Without further ado....




My List of Buckets

Visit Tuscany, maybe even live there for a time. Something about Tuscany just awakens my passion, my soul. Have you seen "Under the Tuscan Sun"? Amazing.
Tuscany

Adopt an orphan who is old enough to know they are an orphan, and sweep them off their feet in a whirlwind of God’s Love.
James 1:27



Write a book about my life: the pain, the abuse, the redemptive love, the healing. The power of the Cross in my life. I already have a title. 
It’s a surprise.





Have a big family that spends holidays together, and are known for their love and commitment to Jesus.
I'm off to a good start (I'm pregnant with our 3rd!)


For now, that's really all I want to do with my life. 

I've been blessed to have experienced a lot in my life so far, and I am content with this simple yet monumental list of buckets.

Tell me some of the items on your bucket list?

           21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“ This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
Isaiah 30:21
New King James Version (NKJV)
           



  


Comments

  1. These are so good Marybeth! The second one...oh, your family would be so good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a made a list of 10 goals for 10 years when I turned 30. I looked back at my 20's and felt that I didn't live then with enough intention toward certain goals but rather as a reaction various influences. I am hoping that my "bucket list" for the next 10 years will allow me to turn 40 with more grace than I did turning 30.
    Some my goals include becoming a foster parent (happened this year), go on an overseas mission trip, read 200 books in 10 years (I'm on book 34), become more involved with our local church community and more.
    It's good to have goals to focus on, especially when they are so God-centered, as yours are. Many blessings! (Miss you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*

    I feel like my comments aren't getting through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kassie- Thanks! We want to adopt so badly! We have such a heart for orphans!

    @Jenn- Great goals for the next 10 years...it really is good to have God-centered goals to focus your life on. I miss you as well!

    @Nicole- Oh no! I'm so sorry! I wonder what is happening...not good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts