His love is over

     I know I've been posting a lot of song lyrics and other people's blog links lately...and there is a reason for that. I feel like I don't really have anything to say. I'm at this crossroads in life where I'm not writing, not creating, just soaking in Truth. Soaking in what God has to say to me through other people, writings, blogs, etc. And these lyrics hit me with such force today that I almost had to pull over on the highway because I was crying so hard. Trevor and I were in an argument earlier and things just don't seem to be getting any easier, no matter what we try to do. And then I heard this song for the first time, on my way home from Target today because I just could not stay in my house one second longer...And I was reminded of the simple fact of God's love.



I know I need You. 
I need to love You.
I love to see You, 
and it's been so long.
I long to feel You.
I feel this need for You,
and I need to hear You,
is that so wrong?
oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Now You pulled me near You,
When we're close I fear You
Still I'm afraid to tell You
All that I've done.
Are you done forgiving?
Or can You pass my pretending?
Lord I'm so tired of defending
What I've become.
What have I become?
oh oh, oh oh, oh oh.
I hear you say "My love is over,
It's underneath, it's inside, it's in between.
The times You doubt me, when You can't feel,
The times that You've questioned 'is this for real?'
The times you've broken, the times that you mend,
The times You hate me and the times that you bend...
Well My love is over, it's underneath,
it's inside, its in between.
These times you're healing
and when your heart breaks.
The times that you feel like you've fallen from grace.
The times you're hurting.
The times that you heal,
The times you go hungry, and are tempted to steal.
In times of confusion and chaos and pain.
I'm there in your sorrow, under the weight of your shame.
I'm there through your heartache,
I'm there in the storm.
My love I will keep you by my power alone.
I don't care where you've fallen, where you have been.
I'll never forsake you.
My love never ends, it never ends." 

Tenth Avenue North "Times"
There is something so powerful about the end of the song when God just keeps saying where and how His love is. I needed this today. To be reminded that God's love doesn't end just because times get sticky, just because you feel so angry you want to scream. God isn't scared. He's still there, arms open wide...and right now, even though I don't full understand that kind of love, I want it. All around me. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts