Where I chase a bunny down a trail...


      Can I just do something really quick? Excuse me.... "EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!" That's me squealing in delight!!!!                                                                I cannot believe we are going to have 3 boys! I'm still in shock. All I can picture are three little stud muffins running around crazy in our back yard, whoopin' and a hollerin' like a pack of wild indians! And I am so excited! 
     The more I think about it, the more perfect it is for our family. For me, as a Mama. Not that I wouldn't have LOVED for Thielke baby #3 to be a girl...but having 3 boys so close together just feels...right. It feels perfect. 
     I know a lot of people do not understand why we chose to have our children so close together, especially with all of the financial hardships and struggles we've had in the past two years. At times, when both babies are teething and I'm changing diapers every 5 minutes and I can't seem to walk more than 2 feet without a tiny human clinging to my legs, I do wonder, "What the HECK were we THINKING!?"
     And then I see them rolling around on the floor wrestling, laughing and giggling so hard they can hardly catch a breath, and I just know, without a doubt, this is what is perfect for our family. Our babies never go without food, love or something to do that stimulates their ever growing brains. They don't care if we have old, flowery sofas or the latest and greatest whatever...they do and will care that we love them more than anything on earth, and they are our delight. 
     
     More and more I see families choosing to have their children close together, and it makes my heart happy. My sisters and I were born very close together, and we are such good friends. Sure, we have our fights, like any sisters do, but there is this special bond we share. Not only from what we have endured in our childhoods together, but for the fact that we are so close in age, it's like we are triplets. And it's awesome. (Ps. I'm not saying spreading your kids out is wrong! If that works for your family, yay!)

     Not that having 3 so close in age won't be HARD! Boy do I know it! I'm not living in some fantasy world where I think it'll be all sunshine and butterflies. I am watching a 2 month old right now, and it's exhausting some days. I dealt with a lot of hardship when Judah was born and Jeremiah was only 13 months old. Especially since I had a C-Section and I couldn't pick up Jeremiah for 8 weeks. That was so hard for me, since he was still my baby...
     And yet, I'm willing to face some hard times when they are little, so that they can reap the benefits of being so close in age when they are older. And it helps that we are having them so young...Trevor and I will be empty-nesters when we are, what, 41?! Heck YES! =) 
     Just like Trevor and I going through Financial Peace University. We get a lot of gruff because of some of the financial choices we are making in life right now. A lot of people just don't understand why we go almost completely without right now, so that later we can have the nice stuff without huge monthly payments hanging over our heads, and so we can give in very BIG ways to other people. And maybe they never will.

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
     But we make these choices for ourselves, for our family, for our future, and not based on what other people think of us. If my worth goes down in your eyes because I don't have a well-decorated home, or because our couches don't match, or because I don't have a new car, or because I don't go out to eat every night of the week...I really do not care one tiny bit!  That is your problem.
Proverbs 22:7 "...the borrower is the slave of the lender."


     Our family lives to please God, not man. If we lived to please man we would never ever be good enough or rich enough. And if we live to please God, well, we are enough just the way we are. Holey socks and all. Sorry for the tangent. ;)


     It's a BOY!! Yay!!!

 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." 
Psalm 127:3-5

     

Comments

  1. Oh Marybeth! I am so excited for you! 3 boys! How great!

    I am proud of you guys... you make me look at things in a different light and inspire me. You are such a great woman of God! Keep on living the way He wants you to and things will always be great. As you know, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I always tell Jake I think we'll have three boys in a row, too. I don't know why, it just feels like we will, God willing, if we have another baby or two someday.

    I think it's kind of perfect. I mean, there are three sisters in your family, so three brothers in your family seems like a great balance. :)

    Congratulations, family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Marybeth,

    I am so excited to raise these three boys with you! I have many good memories already and I can't wait to have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your newest little blessing :) We have two boys, close together, and while it wasn't easy when they were both babes, they have grown through the years to become very close. I think they respect each other more than almost anyone else in the world. It's a beautiful thing, to see siblings who are close. May God grant you much energy and love as you continue to parent your beautiful boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for another boy! I would have also liked to have our kids closer together but well my daughter is 27 months already and it just hasn't happened yet. In God's perfect timing :) ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts