Grow...




Today I am linking up with LisaJo today and writing for 5 minutes. The rule is what you write in those minutes is what you post.
No editing. Tweaking. Or Self-critiquing.

Her theme for today is "Grow"
Ready? Go. 



Growth has a way of sneaking up on you. You don’t really realize it’s happening until one day you realize you are no where near where you once were. Sometimes you don’t even ask for the growth, it just happens, thanks to the circumstances, the hardships, the change.
So much growth all around me, and I’m trying so hard to slow it down, because I want to cling to those baby smiles, those precious moments I know are fleeing right before my eyes.
He’s already 1 and sometimes I just can’t believe how fast time flies. How fast people change, how quickly it’s all so different.
And I want to remind myself that growth and change is good, but when I look at my babies, my rounding stomach, my growing family, I want to hold them in this moment, right now, and not look forward. Just sit and breathe in their baby-ness. Because I know growth is inevitable. It’s going to happen. But I really don’t want it to right now…




Comments

  1. You hit the nail on the head when you said we don't always ask for growth, but we get it anyway. (And why do our babies grow soooo fast?? *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congrats on your blog award! You've earned it. Your blog is beautiful! :)
    And so is your post. I hope we all take time to savor long whatever the moment holds. Because as you said, growth is inevitable. Change is going to happen. Yet another reason to slow down and enjoy the moment you're in. For it will never be the same!
    thank you!
    ~nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marybeth,
    It is shocking how fast it flies. Nothing prepares you for the day you watch them drive off by themselves for the very first time. Because it truely seems like yesterday you had them safe in your embrace as you nursed.
    All we can do is SAVOR and it sounds like you do =)
    Blessings
    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you. time goes fast, and like you said sometimes we dont even realize the changes happen but they always will! good post thanks for sharing. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MaryBeth....visiting by way of Miranda's Athankfull heart. Just been peeking around your blog, you know, being nosey HA ha. Very touched by Trevor's Story and your Let It Grow?? page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thankful that our paths crossed on-line today, Marybeth. I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you better in the future. You are, indeed, an inspiration to me! God bless you, Sweet Lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Growing seems to happen while we stand still sometimes. It seems so hard to hold onto those moments. They go by so fast. I love how you worded
    "You don’t really realize it’s happening until one day you realize you are no where near where you once were."
    Its when we stadn there for that breif moment and look we see all the growth.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it bittersweet? At once you're proud of their milestones, that they're growing and moving forward, and yet you wish you could hold on to that moment forever. It's wonderful when we recognize that these are things to be cherished! Blessings to you and your family, Marybeth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts