Why in the world am I a blogger?

I blog for 3 reasons:


1) If I didn't write it all out, if I didn't write about my ugly couches or my screaming babies or my tired heart...I'm pretty sure I would be in the loony bin. 


2) This blog is a way for me to express my heart in a way I've been doing since I was in Kindergarten. Writing. I love to write. There is something about creating a flowing, beautiful piece of writing that makes my heart sigh with contentment. I haven't written anything that flows or that is beautiful in quite a while, but I'll get there again. 


3) I blog to show other Mama's they are not alone. I blog to communicate the fact that my life is NOT perfect, I do NOT have it all together, and I do NOT have all the answers. Some days my posts don't even make sense. Some days no one reads them. And that's fine. I blog for that one Mama out there who needs to hear the words, "In your failings, His grace is sufficient." 


And why do I call my blog "Let it Grow"? It comes from James 1:2-5, where it states that when trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. Does that sound crazy or what? But it's actually beautiful, in that "upside-down kingdom" sorta way. 


Why are you supposed to be joyful when trouble comes? Because when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. And the Bible says, "So let it grow..." I don't know about you, but one thing I definitely need in life is a little more joy and whole lot more endurance. But the only way to get that endurance is to be tested. Just like runners, you need to be pushed beyond your limits, time and time again, to gain that long distance endurance that helps you push through whatever obstacle may come your way down the trail. 


Let me tell you, bad things will happen in your life. No one gets away scott-free. It's just a fact of life. Kinda like really good things will happen. 


What if you faced your troubles with a deep, heartfelt joy, knowing the testing you are currently going through is refining you and strengthening your endurance, making you complete? 


So let your endurance grow...do not hinder it. That is why I blog. I want to know what it means to have joy in the midst of all the pain, and maybe by writing it out all out, and hearing what you have to say, together we just might understand this monumental truth about our faith. 




Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything. If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking. James 1:2-5(NLT) - 

Comments

  1. I have often wondered why you titled your blog what you did. in fact, that question came to mind again today as i opened this page on my phone. And there you go, answering so I don't even have to ask.

    That said, I feel like I blog for similar reasons: my love of written words, free "therapy," and hoping someone out there can relate if they need to. I think I said that in one of my miscarriage posts, though I could have just thought it. you never know.

    Peace.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect explanation. I love blogging for the reason that I can express myself without judgment. I also like hearing from others who are going through the same things and offer encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely up lifting and encouraging blog! Just love the write and why you write your blog. It encourages me and Im not a mom to little ones but adults raising their little ones. So know your blog ministerys to even the old moms.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts