Blessed, so very blessed.

Sometimes it hits me outta the blue. Especially when things tend to fall apart, and I start to dwell solely on the negative. Like today. Today has been rough. But sometimes, it just hits me. 


How incredibly amazing God is. How good He is to His children. How good He is to me. 


Oh, how I don't deserve it...everything I have to truly be grateful for...
3 healthy, full term pregnancies 
2 very healthy boys
a husband who is alive and in almost perfect health after brain surgery 2 1/2 years ago
a husband who blesses me daily with his friendship, his gentleness, his love, his service to this family
A family who may not live close to me, but who loves me 
friends who encourage and pursue me, even when I hide away
a  gorgeous home that is filled with so many material blessings


I am so, so blessed. 


I heard a song today that just shook me. There were tons of different people telling how they used to be, the sins that brought them down, but how God helped them "overcome." 

I am so blessed, because...

I was anxious and lived in fear most of my days. But God helped me overcome. 
I was lazy. But God helped me overcome. 
I was angry and wanted to hurt those who hurt me. But God helped me overcome. 
I was bitter at my husband. But God helped me overcome! 

Thank You Lord...thank You for the many blessings I don't see everyday. How You pursue us with Your love, and how all this just points to the fact that You desire us to turn to You and love you back. 


I love you back. So much. 


Who have you been blessed with? What have you been blessed with? List them...


What has God helped you overcome? Tell me...That, to me, is one of the biggest blessings of all...what we could be, but by God's amazing grace, what we are now instead. 
Redeemed. Loved. Whole. Justified. 





My flesh and my heart fail;

But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

Comments

  1. Yay! This is a great post! I'm sorry, first off, that today has been rough. I hope when SJ and I come in a little while, we can bring some sunshine with!

    Let's see. I have been blessed with:
    Jake.
    Spencer.
    Sprout.
    My sisters.
    My family- siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and even Jake's family, who love me so dearly.
    Friends. You're definitely one of them. Gosh, you pray for me so much! I love you.
    Wendell. My naughty beagle who cuddles a fever right out of me.



    What?
    A place to live, especially when we found it on such short notice when I was 9 months pregnant and NEEDED to move before Spencer was born, and it was super affordable for when I would be on maternity leave.
    The many things Jake has provided for us to make our lives more comfortable, or even sometimes "excessive," like my nook, for example. Or even simple things like our internet and my smart phone.
    FAITH. How it's getting stronger every day.
    Fertility. Whether it's "natural" or not, the ability for me to have conceived THREE children, when for years, I was terrified I would never conceive even one.



    Overcome?
    I've overcome quite a few things in my past: emotional neglect and abuse.
    Poverty.
    Depression.
    Molestation, near rape experiences.
    Deaths of very close loved ones.
    Rocky, scary times in my marriage when I thought I'd lose my husband to his job, or other things.
    The loss of Sprout, even though I feel blessed to have been given the chance to have even had Sprout for a short while.




    Yes, yes yes. Thank you for this post, Mb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)

    http://infinitelifefintess.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts