Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Not Being Pregnant

There is a moment in my life that is my favorite moment. It's happened 3 times so far. 


That moment when you realize: I'm not pregnant anymore! 


For me, it's the biggest sigh of relief I could possibly utter. 

Here are the top 10 reasons why I LOVE not being pregnant:


10) No more heartburn or indigestion. Can I get a Hallelujah?


9) I can actually shave my legs! I don't tire out after only shaving one. Yes, that happened about 2 days before I had Jericho. I went to get a pedi the night before the c-section, and I'm pretty sure the ladies were making fun of the half-hairy American with fat toes in Chinese. Not cool.


8) I don't cry at the drop of a hat. Postpartum still comes with it's blues and boohoos, but not quite as dramatic. 


7) I'm not being assaulted by a tiny ninja from the inside. On the outside, he just sleeps. All day. I'm just waiting for him to spring to life and start kicking and screaming in Japanese. I know he's in there somewhere.


6) My pregnancy pants actually fit me again. Yes, for those of you who didn't know, some of us still wear them for a while post-pregnancy. And in those last 3 weeks of pregnancy, my biggest pregnancy pants did not fit me anymore. Now they do again. Yay. 


5) I can play with my boys for longer than 2 minutes at a time. I'm sure they appreciate this much more than I do! 


4) It feels like my mind has woken up. There was this fog enveloping my thinking, and I didn't really realize it until after it was gone. I can think more clearly. It's really quite amazing. 


3) I am not the lightest sleeper in the world anymore. I don't know what it is about being 9 months pregnant, but every single sound was magnified by a million. Especially my husband's breathing. I'm sure he appreciates not being elbowed multiple times during the night for just existing. 


2)  I HAVE ENERGY! I cleaned my entire house today, and I wasn't even exhausted to tears like I would have been two weeks ago. My poor husband doesn't have to try to juggle the boys and the house and the meals etc. I feel like me again! 


1) He's on the outside...

Comments

  1. Love this!

    I hear you on sounds being magnified. Seriously everything drives me crazy!
    So glad you aren't worn out...I can't imagine not being worn out with 3 little ones! Gives me hope! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile, all of it. Congratulations, MaryBeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some excellent reasons! I am glad you are getting sleep again!

    Just an FYI, Judah is missing on your side panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smile. I love this 10 things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Yeah I definitely wore my pregnancy pants 2 months postpartum, they're just too comfortable :) Your bébé is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list, and can't wait to be on your side of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to all but especially #1 :). I wrote a similar post awhile back and it keeps me sane when I want to be pregnant so bad ;)
    http://athankfullheart.blogspot.com/2011/07/top-ten-things-i-like-about-not-being.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been prego, but those seem like some pretty great reasons to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts