Failure to plan = planning to fail.

Source
     If you have been on Facebook at all, and/or are my friend, you have most likely noticed I have been really super stressed out lately. Trevor has been working out of town these past 4 weeks, which equals 12 hour days- for him, and for me. Which also means that 3 under 3 just got a whole lot more interesting. 
     I'm stuck in the newborn/mommy stage. But the thing is, Coco isn't a newborn anymore. He sleeps AWESOME. I'm super super grateful for my children's sleeping abilities. Not very many other children sleep like them. Coco will go down around 8, sleep till around 3 or 5, then sleep until 8. AWESOME. 
     I pull myself out of bed anywhere from 7-8:30am to the sounds of my older two playing and laughing together, and I'm groggy and tired and cranky and still sorta sleeping as I set them down in their highchairs to bowls of cereal, day after day. There has been no routine, no schedule. Nada. Zip. And it's driving me wacko! 
     I hear probably seventy two times a day that children flourish and bloom on a routine. Not a super strict schedule, that's for nuns and monks, and Lord knows I'm no nun. But a flexible, easy to follow, tailored to the family, routine. And I used to have it, but like I said earlier, I am stuck in this newborn stage. Where I feel like I am just in survival mode and trying to just go through the motions. 
    NOT. WORKING. 
    Jeremiah loves to argue. Flat out "no Mommy, you can't talk to me. Leave me alone. The sky is not blue" type of arguing. 
    Judah loves to tear through this house like a Tasmanian Judah. That is our new nickname for him. He just does not care if it's a tractor to Miah's face or a bowl full of cereal down his pants. If it can be destroyed, he will find a way. 
    Coco hates to sleep. During the day. Sometimes I can get him to nap, but those days usually fall on the days Trevor has off. Go figure. 
     Add all of that up, with a tantrum every 10 minutes from a teething toddler, and you have my own little version of Funny Farm. 
     And I'm tired of being exhausted. I'm tired of being unprepared. I'm tired of snapping at my kids because they are bored and just want my attention. I'm tired of failing! 
     It is time for a Mom'olution! It will be hard. It will be impossible on my own strength. It will be vital I start out each day at the feet of the only One who can lead me through this without going nutso. It's time to revolutionize the way I Mommy my precious, God-given children, because this phase in my life is so short, but so very vital to the rest of their lives. 
     I'm pulling from a bunch of different resources for this Mom'olution. This book. This site. This life source. Among many others. And I am just accepting the fact that coffee has become a staple food for me, and I should do everything in my ever-lovin' power to get it before the boys wake up. And stretch. And pray. And drink a glass of water. Amen.
      So all this to say, I am no longer in the newborn stage. I am no longer feeling sorry for myself. I am not going to wait around for the perfect morning to come where I will feel like getting up early, and everything will fall gracefully into place. I'm grabbing that morning by the face and not letting it go, right now. 
     I am not going to expect perfection, but strive for it, and pick myself back up when I fail, brush myself off, and move on. And I will be drawing inspiration from this: 


Source

Comments

  1. you are adorable...remember His mercies are new every morning! Thank the Lord for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing and incredible mother, wife and friend. I feel like I am right there with you and I only have two boys :/ I also broke down today and decided enough was enough. I wish we were still there to spend time with you guys! You have a wonderful family and you do such a fantastic job taking care of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Ambrosia! I totally wish you guys were still here to spend time with also...God works in mysterious ways. We were just starting to get to know each other and BAM, you were gone. You love your boys so much, and it's evident in everything you do! You are such a good mama! Thank you for the comment!!!

      Delete
  3. Get it girl. Grab that morning by the face, hehe. And when your sink full of coffee is gone, come over to my place and I'll fill up the bathtub for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then we go over to Char's and she can fill up the pool ;)

      Delete
    2. Good thing you get free coffee =)

      Delete
  4. I feel for your struggle I feel like I go through a lot of the same things .you're stronger than you think .all things are possible through christ who strengthens me .... and maybe a sink full of coffee is a lot out to ... Love you Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that verse! Thanks for the comment Tiff, love you!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts