Coffee Date Friday

If we were having coffee today, I would warn you that it hasn't been an easy week. You might notice my eyes are just a little bit puffy, and I would tell you that I have cried more in the past week than in a long time. 

I would tell you that my husband just started a new job, and the days have been long. I'm not used to staying home with my boys 10 hours straight, every single day. But I would also tell you that I realized they won't be this little for long, and that even this season of craziness, screaming, milk-spilling, tantrum throwing, pee flinging, biting, hair pulling, no napping, will really truly be over before I know it. 

I would tell you I've been so real with God, about my anger, my complacency, my feeling that He isn't answering some prayers, and it's drawn me closer to Him than ever before. I would tell you I said the words, "I don't even really know You anymore." And that one sentence amazingly drew us closer, because it was spoken from a honest, broken heart. 

If we were having coffee together today, I would tell you that yesterday was our Anniversary, and to pay for dinner, I went to a pawn shop and pawned some of my dearest treasures. I would look at you with tears in my eyes, because it was hard, it was humbling, and it hurts to tell people about those dark places in your life. But I would also smile and tell you how for the past two months my husband has been working on his Anniversary gift, and blew me out of the water last night as he presented, "Lovopoly." He had transformed the entire Monopoly game board into a game reflecting everything about our relationship for the past 7 years. It was breathtaking. 

I would tell you that today I went to MOPS, and that I was on the verge of tears throughout the whole meeting, because I dropped my 3 year old off in the "big boy classroom" and I caught a glimpse of him as a baby, and I just couldn't stand the thought that he is growing up so fast.

If we were having coffee together, I would tell you how blessed I am, that even though money is tight, and probably always will be, I have a Savior who has made me richer than I could ever imagine. I don't need material things to be happy, and neither do my boys. We have more than enough to get by, more than a lot of people right here in our own town have, and it is enough. I have a God who provides.


If we were sitting together, having coffee, what would you tell me?



Linking up with Rags to Stitches blog for Coffee Date Friday. Join us?

Comments

  1. So glad I found your blog, or rather, it found me! This is a TOUGH season, and there is just no way around it. Just know, I'm at home with my two girls - counting the hours until nap time, when my husband will come home from work, and even bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you...just knowing that someone else, at this very moment, is going through what I am, is so comforting. You rock Charlee :)

      Delete
  2. I would tell you that I am sitting here fighting tears as I end my first week as an empty nester....that I desperately want to hear my middle son's voice but don't want to "hover" and call him, so I patiently (or not so) wait for him to call me. I would also tell you how blessed I feel that my kids are independent, thriving and love the Lord, but I am struggling to find my "new normal", feeling somewhat lost and in limbo. But I am so thankful for a God that truly does provide and as I lean on Him, will guide me in this new season of life.

    Whew....glad to get that unloaded. Thanks for asking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sara...thank you for sharing your beautiful heart. I cannot imagine what you are feeling...on the other end of where I am! Praying for peace and comfort for you friend.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my vlog! I really appreciate the support and your taking the time to watch and comment. Thank you!!!

    Sincerely,
    Joanna
    www.ModaMamaBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It was a fun vlog!! :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Wow, your post really touched me... I've been at that point before with God and he has helped me through as he has done with you.

    Awww...your hubby is so sweet with the "Lovopoly". Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a good God :)

      I know, the Lovopoly made my entire week!

      Delete
  5. I think I would find myself babbling like crazy. I would be admitting that I am terrified for Jake to go back to work and to be home alone four four days and three nights straight with my two boys. I'm scared I won't be able to snake it. I'm having a hard time wanting to continue nursing Collin. I am afraid spencer feels Ignored. I miss having friends. I hate being constantly stuck without a vehicle. And I feel kind of lost with my sister gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nicole...so much!! You are loved. So loved. Let's get together this week.

      Delete
  6. This is an amazing post, its so great that you are willing to share this with people. Lovopoly has got to be the sweetest thing I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts