Friday Coffee Date

via Pinterest
Won't you join me for coffee? Grab a cup, and let's chat...

If we were to meet for coffee today, I would tell you how incredibly blessed my family is to be surrounded by friends who truly love us. This past week, my husband rear ended someone, got a ticket, then his tire blew up on the interstate, leaving the entire front half of his car in a mess. Our friends surrounded us in prayer, encouragement, and help that left us humbled and so thankful. 

I would tell you that every day is a struggle to juggle 2 toddlers and a baby. I've really felt the stress, the craziness lunch time can bring, the diapers, the constant fights from two older brothers who just can't share anything. Even the air they breathe. I mean come on guys! You're driving me crazy! And the words, "It'll only get worse with age" echo in my tired mind. Be quiet. 

I would tell you how much I am enjoying the cool weather. I went to the thrift store and got a Fall candle, and a potted plant that just sing Harvest time. All that combined with the brisk, cool mornings, and let me tell you, it has created so many joy aches in my heart, I just can barely take it. 

I would tell you how much my heart has been hurting for someone...I won't name names, but my heart just aches for this person. Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is let them fall, let them realize their own mistakes. But everything inside of me wants to get involved. Giving it to God, letting go of my own control over it, has been hard. But I know He is there. I know He can do so much more than I ever could. 

I would tell you how my Miah, who turns 3 next month, is almost entirely potty trained. I'll probably start crying here. It seems like just yesterday I was changing his diaper for the first time, so scared he was going to roll off the table, and I would go to jail for being the worst Mother ever. But he has survived, and he is growing into such an amazing little man. We're having a hard time with him being able to pull his pants down. He just doesn't want to do it himself. He'll get it.  I just can't believe how fast potty training took this time around. 



All my love, Marybeth



If we were having coffee today, in a quiet little coffee shop, just the two of us, what would you tell me?


Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.
Romans 12:10 


Click the picture to join everyone for coffee 

Comments

  1. Your littles are SOOOO cute! I wanna put mine on my sidebar! Praying for your car situaton and your friend! Its so hard to watch someone falling! Prayer is the best! Im also your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think they are pretty adorable too! Thanks for the prayers, they are so appreciated!
      Thanks for the follow! That is so awesome!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey,

    Hoping your car sitiation eases,:(

    Juggling kids is definitely a challenge !! Hang on in there you are doing a great job , they are soooo cute :)

    I enjoyed stopping by for coffee with you today :) same time next week ?

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Definitely same time next week ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's accident. I know that is so tough and frustrating. It really is amazing how fast kids grow. Your kiddos are absolutely adorable! The days are long but the years are short. Hang in there!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! That is so sweet of you! It's definitely helping me keep a Kingdom mindset!

      "The days are long but the years are short" I really like that! Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad your husband is okay! Those 2 accidents could've been so much worse. God has definitely got him covered in protection, and has covered you both in grace to deal with the rough times!
    My pastor recently told us to never embrace the lie that children get worse with age, instead by faith believe and declare that God will change their hearts and help you guide them into being better and better behaved as time goes on. I'll believe that with you! (I sure am fighting to believe that for my daughter!)
    You have such a beautiful heart!
    My heart has been hurting for someone lately as well... and I just keep turning her over to the Lord, and praying for her as much as I can. I've seen progress.. bits and pieces of it...but I won't stop praying until I see a total transformation.

    Have a great weekend, friend!!
    Miah, Judah, and Coco are blessed to have you as their mommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What an encouraging comment! Thank you so much!
      What your pastor said, about believing in faith that God will change their hearts- I needed that. Thank you for reminding me that prayer is powerful, that hearts can change! With my boys as well as that someone who I am hurting over.

      I just love your blog, and I am so glad to have found it! Your daughter is so blessed to have such a shining example of a woman of God as a Mama! Beautiful inside and out!

      Delete
  5. I think you sound like a wonderful woman and I would like to go on a coffee date with you...like seriously! How about tomorrow 8am Starbucks?
    I see how our boys are growing everyday and I see kind and tender hearted little tazmanian devils. They always hurt each other but there is a sincere "Sowy". That comes from you and your compassionate heart pouring into them. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please take me on a coffee date!

      And yes, tenderhearted tazmanian devils- good description! :) And I can so picture Judah saying "Sowy" and cocking his head to the side as he gently says it...awww I love our boys! We are so blessed!!

      I LOVE YOU.

      Delete
  6. Now I want a coffee. Stumbled across you via commenting on another blog. Great little space you have here. Glad you make time for coffee with so many little responsibilities (super cute responsibilities by the way!)...so important to make time for yourself. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is so sweet :)

      I have to make time or I would go CRAZY!! It's definitely important!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts