It's OK! Thursday

It’s ok!

that I don't have a camera right now. I'm learning to be in the moment, to focus on what's really important. To take pictures with my mind. To soak up every detail, knowing I won't have a picture of this in the years to come. 

when my baby is covered from head to foot in avocado and bananas and carrots,
 and I didn't realize it till I was out in public. At least it's homemade right? 

to sometimes say, yes I would like a Coke with that! Please! 


that people on Craigslist have serious commitment issues. It'll get sold.

that my children never take naps for me, and only sleep long stretches during the day when
Daddy is home. 
Ok, no, that is not ok. 


that I have been blogging like a crazy woman. I've had a ton of inspiration and motivation. And I've seriously let go of the notion that to be a successful blogger, 
you have to get tons of comments and page views. 
I write because it scratches some deep seeded itch in my soul. 
Sorta like belting out "killing me softly" in the car.  You are not fishing for compliments and awe-filled exclamations of "wow! You are a great singer!"
 It just feels so right.

to sometimes just be a family for a while, and stay at home every night and work on "us"

to be completely humbled and in awe of friends who love you so much they help you out when it's hard 
*thank you*


It’s all ok. 

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34


Comments

  1. I love that bible versus ........... I think this ideal you talk About ( so many views / fellowrs )here is why I have shyed away from my blog. I always feel like why write who's going read it ..... Idk another wonderful post I feel ya ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany- it's such an easy trap to fall into! It's so personal for each blogger. You have to decide why you are writing, what your purpose of your blog is. And not define yourself by your comments. It's so hard. It is for me every single day.

      Thanks for being such a faithful commenter! It makes my day! :)

      Delete
  2. You are so right, sometimes we get caught up in how many comments were getting and views but its about blogging itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is important that we encourage eachother with words and being built up is a good thing! I agree with you that our importance/self worth cannot be based on "comments" we get in life.
    I think the verse Galations 1:10 says it best "For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ." If we are too busy listening for praise from men, we won't be able to hear it from God. :) I know He would write comments on your blog, if it wouldn't blow everyone's mind and freak them out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts