Today is the kind of day...

Today is the kind of day where the alarm clock was not set right, and we woke up 10 minutes before husband had to leave for work...

Today is the kind of day where the baby slept only 45 minutes and the 2 year old wouldn't sit still for a movie...

Today is the kind of day where I downed my first cup of coffee in 15 minutes, not even reheating it once...a miracle...

Today is the kind of day where the 3 year old stood on the potty stool and peed two feet to the right of the toilet...all over the floor...

Today is the kind of day where the boiled eggs were runny in the middle, poop was smeared on the sheets, I was shot in the face with a dart gun, and I have no idea what is going to be for lunch in 15 minutes.

Today is the kind of day where memories of laughter and fun from yesterday's Trunk or Treat are carrying me through the storms of today. The smiles I know are there, the laughter I know is hiding just under the surface, the sweet souls of the little boys I am falling more in love with every single day...and I push on, hugging, kissing, rocking and apologizing for a harsh word, because they were born bent towards destruction and selfishness, and I was too...and it was only the loving kindness, the gentle love, the compassionate grace of a Father that raised me out of the pit.

Today is the kind of day that holds the promise of smiles and laughter and sweetness, I just have to dig a little deeper. And I will.




Comments

Popular Posts