You're a good mom...yes, you. I see you.




























Look at Me.

You're a good mom.

No, don't look away, don't shake your head.

It's true.

You're a good mom.

No buts. We never let our children get away with the buts.

I know about the tone you took with him this morning. I know.

I know about the cartoons. Every day. Twice a day, sometimes. 3 times. I know.

You're a good mom.

I know you spanked him out of anger yesterday.

I know about the pb&j you fed them again.

The pile{s} of laundry. The dirty dishes. The dirty floors.

You're a good mom.

I know about the feelings of hopelessness. Helplessness. Selfishness.

The yelling. The yelling. The yelling.

You're. A. Good. Mom.

Do you want to know what I see?

I see you get up, twice a night, 3 times, 4 times.

I see you pick up every single toy. I see you pick up every single piece of laundry.

I hear the songs you sing. The jokes you have just between you.

The giggles only you can get out of them.

I smell the dinner you make, with your own hands. Doesn't matter how often it happens. Or how gourmet.

I smell the clean bathroom, the clean kitchen, the clean laundry. Doesn't matter how often it happens. Or if it's with organic cleaner.

I see your hugs. Your kisses, gentle on their sleeping faces. Your look of love when they don't notice.

I see the times you are patient when you didn't think you could be.

The times you hold your tongue when all you want to do is scream.

The times you teach, patiently.

Every nose, cheek, and bottom you wipe clean.

Every kiss you give, even though their face is covered in boogers.

Every booger you wipe with your own hand, even if it ends up on their clothes. Or your clothes. Or the floor.

I see your tears. Do you know what tears mean? They mean, "I'm sorry." They mean, "I want to do better."

When they say, "Mama" "Mommy" "Mom"...they mean you. Just you.

You are a good mom. You are not a perfect mom. You are a good mom. Say it out loud. Do it. "I am a good mom." Again. "I am a good mom."

That's why you have Me, your Heavenly Father, to be your strength, when you are weak. To be your love, when you have none. To be your patience, when you run out.

To be your energy, when the night ends a little too quickly. To be your inspiration and clarity when the days run together, when you ask, "Is it Tuesday? or Thursday?"

To be your hope, when things get bleak.

To be your grace. Your mercy. Your faith. Daily. Minute by minute. Second by second. I will uplift you, My Child.

Stand upon Me. And I will lift you up. I will. But you have to turn to me. Every day. It's only at my feet that you will find the strength to get up and press on. And strength, My dear Child, you will find.












 















Follow me on Bloglovin here!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts