Coffee- or tea- date Friday

Linking up here for Coffee Date Friday
Happy Friday beautiful friends. If we were having coffee today,  or in my case, tea, it would definitely have to be at my house, which I just cleaned and is smelling lovely on this cloudy Friday afternoon. Which is a big deal.

...I would tell you how I wrote this blog post a few days ago, and I've been having fleeting moments of sheer terror, where I want to just slap myself silly and demand why I would have posted that stuff about my house and kids, because now no one is going to want to come over ever again. Or be my friend. But then I remind myself, no one really comes over all that often anyways, and it's not like my house looks like this ordinarily. I'm pregnant, which means EXHAUSTED and SICK, all day for the past 5 weeks.  With 5 kids, 3 and under. If ya'all can't give me a bit of grace where my house is concerned, we just can't be friends.

...And I would tell you how I announced my pregnancy this past week. I was so nervous, honestly. We do not live in a culture where having 4 babies in 4 years is....normal.... I've already had many different kinds of reactions in person, and was putting off posting it on FB and Instagram because I was just tired of the negativity. I'm honestly kind of pissed off, hormones aside, that people think they have the right to have an outspoken opinion about something as personal and precious as your family bringing another life into the world. I told my sister that we're going to be the ones with a huge, happy family with tons of people at our holidays and so much love, and all the ones who said anything negative will be jealous and will eat their words. So there. We're going to keep having babies because we have so much love in this house that we just can't stand it. And I don't care who you are or what you say, adoption just isn't everyone's path in the entire world. I'm not going to stop having kids so that I can say, "oh one day we'll adopt, way down the road...maybe...." There are many other ways to take care of the orphan. RANT OVER.

...which reminds me to tell you how utterly tired I am of being pregnant already. I have fleeting moments where I'm like, "yay! another precious baby! so excited!" and then the rest of the time I'm like, "oh good Lord what was I thinking....Can't....function..." I am so looking forward to the 2nd trimester! You'll know it when it happens. I'll be the crazy lady throwing a parade down main street with rubber gloves on ready to pulverize my house into shape.

...I would tell you how excited I am to visit my sister in North Platte and help her out with her new baby! I will be there an entire week, taking care of her and my 2 year old niece. Without kids. It's going to be interesting, because I've never been away from my kids for that long.

....And I would also tell you how emotional I've been over my middle baby being potty trained. FULLY potty trained. Well, except for through the night, but even then he sometimes wakes up completely dry. I just can't wrap my mind around it. I am so proud of him. He's in underwear and doesn't have accidents and I don't have to change his diaper....my mama heart just aches. Once they are potty trained it seems as if growing up gets put on fast forward.

...And my hubby started his new job this week! He loves it. Like, a lot. He got two new suits to wear and a nice manly professional bag and a new watch, and he just looks so...professional. So handsome. The only thing slightly irritating about his job is the commute, which can be gruesome, especially if he stays late at work. So we're playing with the idea of moving closer. We'll see. I'm ready for a change of scenery!

Well friend, it was so nice having cyber coffee with you! Until next time...

 

Comments

  1. I just love the mess out of you! And... Yup. This post is fabulous. As usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE love the mess out of me!!!! I cannot seem to get it out any other way!!! ;) Love you!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for on your pregnancy! I wish it were the Lord's plan for me to have my four children so close together. But I had two and then 6 years later, two more. But He knows what He's doing. I can imagine how tired you are! Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! He DOES know what He is doing, and it's perfect :) Much love!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Popular Posts