Small Business Saturday!

I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family who have ventured out and courageously started small businesses! Since today is Small Business Saturday, I am going to spotlight a few that you should definitely check out as you continue your Christmas shopping! Remember, supporting small business not only helps out the local economy, but it helps that family put food on the table and expand!


This small business got up and running last year, and has really taken off! They use hand drawn designs from local artists, and sponsor professional football player Danny Woodhead. Who just so happens to be from their hometown, North Platte, Nebraska! Hey, mine too! Their clothing line is mainly athletic, and they have a wide variety, from lounge wear to pieces you can sport in a 5k!

The owners are some of the best people I know. They are a down to earth, generous, hard-working family, and just welcomed their second child, a son, into the OClothing family! And, they are my family! That's my little sister and my brother-in-law and niece right up there! 

So if you have a Danny Woodhead fan in your family, or someone who participates in sports, please check out their website and support a family business! 

Owner Jordan Vigil with Danny Woodhead






The next small business is one that is sure to come in handy in your Christmas shopping this year. My good friend Nicole makes custom pieces to fit your nursery or photography backdrop, and pours her heart and soul into each and every treasure. It's easy to see just by looking at her site, that she loves what she does! She also makes leggins for those adorable chunky baby thighs, and quilts that are beautiful. She works straight from home, and you can often see her two adorable sons, whom the business is named after, posing with the gorgeous quilts. Please check her website out, and support a small, local business!





Jenn, founder of Butterfly Designs, another good friend of mine, has been making absolutely gorgeous aprons quilts, and many different kind of baby items for several years! She works from home as well, and is a foster parent with her husband. Jenn loves what she does, and she loves her customers, which shows in the genuine quality of all her products. Her pride and joy are her aprons, which come in adult and children sizes! I have one, and I love it! She comes up with the most fun pattern combinations, and these aprons are sure to last a very long time! 

In her own words:
I started Butterfly Designs as a creative outlet and grew my business when I became a stay at home Mom. I choose each fabric with care and create each item with the customer in mind. I rarely make more than four of one print which adds to the "one of a kind" feel of my items.









So there you have it! Buy from small businesses and support the local economy! 





Comments

Popular Posts