26.4.14

Meet the newest guy in my life....


I want to write all of this down before I try to catch a nap. I had tried writing earlier, but my pain meds made me so incredibly sleepy, and I'm sure I just sat here and stared at the screen for 5 minutes before I realized I was just sitting there....so after a shower, I'm ready!

Meet little Joseph Abram, born on Friday, April 25th, at 8:18 am. The name has no family significance, we both just absolutely loved it! He was born on his Grandma Cathy's birthday, so that was very special. So far, each of our boys has been born on a birthday of a family member. So cool! He was 19 inches long, and weighed 8lbs 5oz, which is exactly what his Daddy predicted he would weigh! I had guessed closer to 9lbs, but I'm sure that was just the end of pregnancy getting to me. I felt gigantic! Today, Jeremiah exclaimed, "MOMMY! Your huge tummy is gone!!" I felt like dancing. I'm not pregnant anymore!!!

The past 2 days have been a whirlwind of well-wishes, pain, new love, and not much sleep. I had my 4th scheduled C-section, and this one was by far the hardest. I'm not sure if it's because my body isn't as strong as before, or just because it naturally gets harder each time, but before, during, and afterwards, it's been a lot harder than I remember it being. God has been so gracious, each time I have called out and cried for strength, whether it's because I've been trying to figure out nursing with Joseph, or the pain this C-section has brought, or dealing with outside issues....He has supplied rest, peace, and His presence. He has been so near the past few days.

Joseph is such a dream! He is chunky in all the right places, which is everywhere. His skin is so incredibly newborn soft. He loves to watch me while he eats! I am so in love, guys. He is so amazing.

My heart has grown 89 times what it was just two days ago. Mostly because I've witnessed my 3 boys fall in love and welcome this tiny little guy into our family. They have been loving on him so hard, and rarely are they visiting and not holding him.

Jeremiah calls him baby Moses now and then, and loves to talk about all the technicalities of brotherhood and babyhood, explaining why Joey cries and what he loves. He is always asking to hold him, and asking so many questions about Mommy's surgery and owie and Joseph's cord. He wants to understand everything, and it's so fun to see what his mind comes up with!




 Judah...oh Judah! He has loved on this new baby most of all. He adores him. When he holds him close, he rubs his own face on Joey's face, and whispers things like, "You are a cutie. I sure love you. Hi baby J." Here in this picture Joseph sneezed, and Judah did his half smile thing he does and said, "I love when he sneezes!" It was the cutest thing ever. He loves to touch his head and just watch him.




And Jericho....watching him bloom into a big brother right in front of our eyes has been incredibly touching. He loves baby J so much. He randomly says, "I wuv baby J." Constantly. And he loves laying his head by Joey's head, and kissing him. All three of them are doing much better than I had anticipated. Of course, we haven't brought him home yet! I'm praying that transition goes smooth!




So many people have congratulated us and visited us. We feel so blessed by everyone's love and support. It's so amazing to welcome a new baby into the family, but it's also a huge adjustment, and we feel like we have an incredible support system to help us through. Now I must try to nap before Joseph wakes up! Yay babies =)

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE him, and all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He looks just like your other boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just scream with all the goodness of this post. You, beautiful Mary Beth with her man and little men. I am so proud of you all and love what God is doing in and through you.

    ReplyDelete

Would you please take the time to tell me your thoughts on my post? Each comment blesses me so much, and I thank you for taking your time to write a little something.